ModusLink Global Solutions™ Inc. (NASDAQ: MLNK) has announced a planned move of its operations in The Netherlands from the current site in Apeldoorn to a new location in Venray. Initial work to transition client services is underway and the new facility is expected to be fully operational by July 2013.
“The Netherlands is a highly strategic logistics hub in Europe and our company and our clients have enjoyed many benefits over the last 25 years from our location in Apeldoorn,” said Scott Crawley, president, global operations, sales and marketing, ModusLink. “Today, we are managing numerous supply chain programs for global consumer electronics companies whose growth necessitates a facility that is better designed in terms of warehouse space and layout, shipping bays and with access to more transportation options. We have found an ideal location in Venray and this move will improve our clients’ operations while also benefitting ModusLink economically and competitively.”
ModusLink’s new Solution Center is located in an area of Venray that is home to many logistics and transportation facilities. The geographic location of Venray within the country offers easy access to major European highways, river-based shipping and an extensive rail system. There are approximately 50 weekly inter-modal transportation service options for moving materials and finished goods in and out of the logistics area by train and barge.
The new facility features 28 loading bays, 15,000 sq. meters of warehouse space in a layout designed for storage and fulfillment, as well as designated areas ideal for product assembly, configuration and packaging. A number of the current ModusLink employees will be moving to the new location and the Venray area boasts a skilled workforce experienced in logistics and supply chain work.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV