NCR Corporation announced today that the NCR Silver mobile point-of-sale (POS) system has been updated to give small business owners the ability to easily promote and grow their businesses with gift card programs.
NCR Silver’s gift card capabilities make loading, accepting and managing gift cards as simple as taking credit card payments, giving small business owners an easy, affordable way to create powerful business-building gift card programs.
Existing customers typically give gift cards to potential new customers, so gift cards are an important way to promote a business. And gift cards usually result in sales much higher than the gift card’s face value. According to industry research, 61 percent of gift card recipients spent more than the value of the cards, with the average gift card holder spending an additional $29 over the value of the card.
“Until now, small business owners relied on hard-to-manage paper gift certificate programs – if they offered any gift certificate program at all,” said Christian Nahas, vice president and general manager of NCR small business team. “Integrating gift cards with NCR Silver gives small business owners the power to easily build their business. It also sets up current customers to tell others about the business while giving gifts to their friends and family.”Because NCR Silver is cloud-based, the gift card update easily deploys to existing NCR Silver customers and is included in all new versions of NCR Silver delivered to customers. The freedom and flexibility of the updates empowers new and existing NCR Silver customers to respond quickly to changes in customer expectations. “We’re speaking with retail, hospitality and other businesses and their consumers every day to stay ahead of business and shopper expectations to ensure NCR Silver offers the tools and functions small businesses need today and tomorrow,” said Nahas.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV