Neonode Inc. (NASDAQ: NEON), the MultiSensing® touch technology company, today reported financial results for its fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2012.
- Made critical technology breakthroughs, that enable 10-finger multi-touch and flush bezel designs
- 14 new design wins during the fourth quarter of 2012, bringing the total to 72 for 2012.
- Signed 4 new technology license agreements during 4Q12, bringing the total to 12 for 2012.
- Licensed the recently (3Q12) launched Smartphone One platform to Shenzhen Wave.
- Launched high-speed proximity sensing solutions for consumer electronics and automotive markets at CES 2012.
- Was granted 2 new patents in 2012, while filing 47 new patent applications.
“I am extremely pleased with our success in further penetrating new high-volume markets, while diversifying our customer base. In 2012, we doubled the number of signed technology license agreements to 24, including customers who sell into the following end markets: automotive, tablets, mobile phones, toys, office equipment and e-readers. We also worked aggressively to create value with new breakthrough technologies such as proximity sensing, 10-finger touch, and flush bezel designs. These new innovations will allow Neonode to capture new customers and further distinguish ourselves from our competitors. During 2012 we filed 47 new patent applications, up from an aggregate of 17 in prior years. It is very gratifying to me personally to have achieved this remarkable level of disruptive technology innovation in an area that is a great passion of mine,” stated Neonode CEO, Thomas Eriksson.
“Of course, we would not be able to accomplish these critical milestones without a dedicated professional staff of exceptional employees. We continue to seek out the best and the brightest individuals to help us realize our dream. In 2012, we expanded our headcount by approximately 44%, opened offices in Japan and Taiwan, and increased our sales presence around the world,” concluded Eriksson.