ALISO VIEJO, Calif., March 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Microsemi Corporation (Nasdaq: MSCC), a leading provider of semiconductor solutions differentiated by power, security, reliability and performance, today announced the availability of more than a dozen new devices in its new generation of 1200 volt (V) non-punch through (NPT) IGBTs which include 25A, 50A and 70A current ratings.
Microsemi's NPT IGBT product family is designed for a wide range of industrial applications requiring high power and high performance, with the newest devices well-suited for arc welders, solar inverters, and uninterruptible and switch mode power supplies. All of the devices in this 1200V product family are based on Microsemi's advanced Power MOS 8 ™ technology, which enables a significant reduction of at least 20 percent in total switching and conduction losses as compared to competitive solutions.
Consistent with all devices in the product family, Microsemi's new NPT IGBT solutions can be packaged with Microsemi's FREDs or silicon carbide Schottky diodes to provide engineers with a highly integrated solution that allows them to streamline product development efforts. Additional features include:
- Significantly lower gate charge than similar devices, allowing faster switching;
- Hard switching operation greater than 80 kilohertz to enable efficient power conversion;
- Easy to parallel (positive temperature coefficient of Vcesat) to improve reliability in high power applications; and
- Short Circuit Withstand Time Rated (SCWT), providing reliable operation in applications requiring short circuit capability.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV