By Pete Najarian, co-founder of OptionMonster
NEW YORK -- Caesars Entertainment (CZR) has huge opportunities in online gambling, and Wednesday traders placed their bets.
The option paper was mixed, but OptionMonster's tracking programs detected unusual activity in the April 20 calls, which are well out of the money and were active late in the session. Buyers paid 35 cents and 40 cents for almost 1,500 of the contracts in volume that was well above the previous open interest of just 60 options, indicating new activity.
Those calls lock in the price where investors can buy shares, so they can provide some nice leverage in the event of a continued rally. But they'll also expire worthless if it fails to move by mid-April.The casino operator's shares leapt 8.79% to $15.60 Wednesday. CEO Gary Loveman recently said the company will benefit tremendously from the rise of online gaming, which could prosper because of a huge loyalty program with millions of members. There is also massive short position in the float, and the balance sheet is leveraged. More than 11,400 options changed hands in the name Wednesday, compared with about 1,500 in a typical session. Najarian owns CZR calls.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV