DEARBORN, Mich., March 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- More than 600 employees in the Ford Volunteer Corps join together with nonprofit partners to support children and families
- Ford Motor Company Fund provides $53,000 in grants to purchase tools and supplies for volunteer projects
- Ford MODEL Teams are at work in more than three dozen locations selected by nonprofit partners as part of a Ford Accelerated Action Day
The Ford Volunteer Corps is on the job all over southeast Michigan on the Ford Accelerated Action Day dedicated to helping children and families. Ford employees also have assembled into MODEL Teams in Arizona, California, South Carolina, Washington and the District of Columbia for a day of community service work.
Hundreds of Ford employees have stepped away from their desks to work side by side with nonprofit partners who have created more than three dozen projects to address urgent needs in their communities.
MODEL Teams of Ford volunteers are painting shelters, renovating homes and family centers, and building storage facilities. Many of the participating organizations will share more than $53,000 in Ford grants to buy the tools, supplies and materials needed to complete their projects."Investing in children and families is investing in the future of our communities," said Jim Vella, president, Ford Motor Company Fund and Community Services. "Ford's contribution of time and resources delivers comfort today and hope for tomorrow, laying the foundation for a brighter future for everyone." Nonprofit partners in southeast Michigan receiving up to $5,000 in grants for today's projects include:
- Advanced Technology Academy, Dearborn – Help students build set for school play
- Detroit Rescue Mission Ministries, Detroit – Tile floors, construct food storage units
- First Step, Wayne – Create indoor play and counseling areas
- Habitat Huron Valley, Ypsilanti – Renovate kitchen in home
- HAVEN, Pontiac – Assemble personal home safety kits for shelter residents
- Junior Achievement, Detroit – Assist students with personal budget project
- Legal Aid & Defender, Detroit – Ford attorneys will qualify the underserved for food stamps
- Matrix Human Services, Detroit – Package baby shower baskets for program for new mothers
- Penrickton Center, Taylor – Build and adapt toys for blind children
- Salvation Army, Denby Center, Detroit – Paint family residential cottages
- Science Fair of Metro Detroit, Detroit – Set up or judge entries
- St. Leo's Soup Kitchen, Detroit – Prepare and serve food, distribute clothing
- Starfish Family Services, Inkster – Play games, make music and crafts with children
- Vista Maria, Dearborn Heights – Paint interior of residence for girls
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV