Finally, Nuance Communications (NUAN) shares have been hammered this year, falling 17% after a disappointing quarter and guidance from weakness in its health-care and mobile segments. Offsetting this were better showings in enterprise and auto, as well as continued strength in its backlogs. Earnings will be back-half weighted and margins will be lower, tied to mix. However, shares trade at half their historical multiple average, and organic growth will still be a solid 8%. Plus, Nuance still dominates the speech-recognition market and could be a takeout candidate.
--Written by Stephanie Link, CIO & Co-Portfolio Manager of Action Alerts Plus.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV