HOUSTON, March 13, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- LinnCo, LLC (Nasdaq:LNCO) announced today the final determination of the federal income tax characteristics of its 2012 cash distribution to holders of its Common Shares. The table below describes the distribution made by the Company in 2012 and the reporting of such payments on United States Internal Revenue Service ("IRS") Form 1099-DIV. The Company is releasing this information to aid banks, brokerage firms, and institutional investors that are required to issue Form 1099s to their account holders.
LinnCo, LLC – Common Shares (CUSIP: 535782-10-6)
|Record Date||Payment Date||Cash Distribution (per share)||Reported as Total Ordinary Dividends in Box 1a of Form 1099-DIV||Reported as Qualified Dividends in Box 1b of Form 1099-DIV||Reported as Nondividend Distributions in Box 3 of Form 1099-DIV|
In accordance with IRS Code Section 6045B, the Company has posted its Corrected Form 8937, Report of Organizational Actions Affecting Basis of Securities, which can be found at http://www.linnco.com/about/tax-considerations.htm . This form provides detailed information on the return of capital portion of the common share distributions.Shareholders are encouraged to consult with their personal tax advisors as to their specific tax treatment of LinnCo, LLC cash distributions. For additional information, contact LinnCo's Investor Relations Department.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV