- Four of the TPG-Axon Group's nominees – Stephen C. Beasley, Edward W. Moneypenny, Alan J. Weber and Dan A. Westbrook – will be added to the Board of Directors effective immediately.
- The Board of Directors will complete a review by an independent firm of the related-party transactions that have been outlined by TPG-Axon, and expects the results of that review to be completed no later than June 15, 2013. Mr. Ward will remain Chairman and CEO while the Board completes its review.
- The Board of Directors will decide by June 30, 2013, whether or not to terminate Mr. Ward's employment. If the Board does not terminate Mr. Ward by June 30, 2013, three current directors will resign, and one additional TPG-Axon nominee will be elected to the Board, resulting in a majority of the Board being TPG-Axon nominees.
- In the event that Mr. Ward is no longer CEO, James Bennett will be appointed interim CEO, and the Board will conduct a search for a successor CEO. Mr. Bennett has been appointed President and Jeffrey Serota has been appointed lead independent director. In the event Mr. Ward is no longer Chairman of the Board, Mr. Serota will be appointed interim Chairman, for a term of six months.
- The Board will also conduct a comprehensive review of the Company's strategy and costs, with particular focus on reducing corporate overhead and optimizing capital expenditures. As a symbol of its commitment to improving efficiency, the Board has reduced compensation for directors, effective immediately, from $375,000 to $250,000 per year.
SandRidge Energy Expands Board Of Directors
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts