DUSSELDORF, Germany, March 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Teradata (NYSE: TDC), the world's leading analytic data solutions company, announced today the 18 th Teradata Universe Conference in Copenhagen, 14 to 17 April. Europe's largest annual event on analytic data will focus this year on how the global surge in data analysis is changing every major industry and every aspect of consumers' daily lives.
The new powerful Teradata Unified Data Architecture™ (UDA) platform integrates data from all parts of the organization which enables businesses to pull it together and turn it into actionable intelligence. The Teradata UDA platform brings together into a cohesive and transparent architecture Teradata, Teradata Aster, and Hadoop technology, and best-of-breed tools from Teradata partners. At Universe, attendees can learn more about this new best-of-breed platform, making Teradata the first vendor to integrate all types of data into one unified architecture.In addition, the conference features numerous workshops and presentations where the global customer community of Teradata will deliver valuable new insights on the industry's most recent trends. Attendees will learn from leading data-driven enterprises, including eBay, LinkedIn, Nike, Unicredit Group, Telefonica O2, Tesco, and GDF Suez. "At this year's Universe Conference, we will deliver profound information on our latest solutions and show best practices from the world's most advanced companies in the fields of integrated data warehousing and big data analytics," said Hermann Wimmer, president International, Teradata, and Chairman of the Conference. "With the UDA recently introduced, we meet the growing demand for integrated data analytics at a time when everybody is talking about big data analytics. By making use of the complementary value of Teradata, Teradata Aster and open source Hadoop, our customers can analyze and monetize all of their data, including multistructured datasets." Keynote speakers at the international event at Bella Center, Copenhagen, Denmark are:
- Bjorn Lomborg, adjunct professor at the Copenhagen Business School, and author of best-selling books "The Skeptical Environmentalist" and " Cool it!." In his view, data with regard to climate change should help us to do good instead of make us only feel good.
- Mike Forde, executive director of Chelsea Football Club, will illustrate the influence of data analytics in sports, highlighting how analytics drive decision making in today's elite professional football.
- How big data analytics is creating value will be laid out by Dr. Michael Chui, principal of the McKinsey Global Institute (MGI), McKinsey's business and economics research arm, where he leads research on the impact of information technologies and innovation on business, the economy, and society. Chui has conducted McKinsey research in such areas as big data analytics, Web 2.0 and collaboration technologies, and the Internet of Things.
- Rayid Ghani will tell more about how to use data analytics in political campaigns, as he did successfully for last year's US Presidential Elections serving as chief scientist at Obama for America, with a focus on data, analytics, technology, and social media. Most recently, Ghani has been involved in projects related to healthcare data mining, social media, and enterprise information retrieval.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV