- Fourth quarter net revenues increased 21% to $162.6 million; Direct net revenues increased 27% and Indirect net revenues increased 11%.
- Diluted EPS were $0.62 for the fourth quarter, compared to $0.50 for the same quarter of fiscal 2012, an increase of 24%.
- Full year net revenues increased 17% to $541.1 million; Direct net revenues increased 30% and Indirect net revenues increased 6%.
- Diluted EPS were $1.70 for fiscal 2013, compared to $1.43 for fiscal 2012, an increase of 19%.
FORT WAYNE, Ind., March 13, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Vera Bradley, Inc. (Nasdaq:VRA) today announced its financial results for the fourth quarter and fiscal year, representing the 14-week and 53-week periods ended February 2, 2013. The Company reported net revenues of $162.6 million for the fourth quarter, compared to $134.5 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012, an increase of $28.0 million, or 21%. Diluted earnings per share for the quarter were $0.62, an increase of 24% from diluted earnings per share in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012. The 53 rd week of fiscal 2013 contributed $4.9 million of net revenues and approximately $0.02 per diluted share to both the full year and fourth quarter of fiscal 2013.
"Fiscal 2013 represents another outstanding year for Vera Bradley, as reflected in our record-setting fourth quarter and full year results, particularly in the midst of a difficult consumer environment," said Michael C. Ray, Very Bradley's Chief Executive Officer. "Despite current headwinds, I feel confident in our team's ability to deliver on our fiscal 2014 priorities. With our 30-year track record of success, we have a solid foundation and strategies in place to achieve our long-term growth objectives."
Fourth Quarter ResultsIn the Direct segment, revenues increased 27% to $103.3 million, as a result of growth across all of our channels. In our stores, net revenues grew 31% during the quarter, due to the opening of 17 full-price and 3 outlet stores. E-commerce revenue grew 23% due primarily to continued growth in website traffic. Comparable store sales decreased 0.4%. Indirect revenues increased 11% to $59.2 million, primarily due to a strong sell-in of the winter collection and the addition of Dillard's doors. Further, we shipped approximately $2.8 million in sales that we had anticipated would be received by our retail partners in the first quarter of fiscal 2014.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV