AKRON, Ohio, March 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE: FE) today announced that Kevin R. Burgess, executive director, FirstEnergy Solutions (FES) Finance, has been named executive director, Internal Auditing, effective March 1. Burgess replaces James D. Jenkins, who has elected to retire after 28 years with the company. Nicholas P. Fernandez, director of Portfolio Management for FES, replaces Burgess as director of FES Finance.
Burgess, who reports to James F. Pearson, senior vice president and chief financial officer, joined FirstEnergy in 1999 as manager, Business Services, for the W.H. Sammis and R.E. Burger plants. He has held numerous financial accounting positions, including assistant controller, Corporate; assistant controller, FirstEnergy Utilities; and controller, FES. He was named executive director, FES Finance, in November 2012. Prior to joining FirstEnergy, Burgess was plant controller for a major office furniture manufacturer.
"Kevin brings a wealth of experience and integrity to this role, and I am confident that he will help ensure FirstEnergy's internal controls remain strong," Pearson said. "Under Jim's leadership, our Internal Auditing group helped to ensure that our company met the highest levels of governance standards. He is a true professional and I wish him all the best in his retirement."
Burgess graduated from Hendrix College in Conway, Arkansas, with a Bachelor of Arts degree in economics and business, with an emphasis in accounting. He also earned a Master of Business Administration degree from The Ohio State University.Fernandez joined FirstEnergy in 1999 as an assistant business analyst in Fossil Operations. In 2002, he became a trading services specialist for FES. Fernandez served as manager, Supply Planning, and director, Provider of Last Resort (POLR), before being named director of portfolio management in 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV