- Diversified emerging-markets funds saw the strongest inflows among Morningstar categories in February, collecting $6.2 billion.
- Even though it may not be a clear sign of a rotation out of bonds and into stocks, investors are taking on more risk. Precious metals, money market, and most government bond funds saw outflows, while bank loan and emerging-markets bond offerings captured new assets. Even less diversified offerings like sector funds also saw strong inflows.
- Bronze-rated PIMCO Unconstrained Bond led all active funds with inflows of $2.2 billion in February, and Gold-rated Eaton Vance Floating Rate, with new assets of $1.1 billion, led the recently popular bank-loan category.
Morningstar Reports U.S. Mutual Fund Asset Flows Through February 2013
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.