GERMANTOWN, Md., March 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Hughes Network Systems, LLC (Hughes), the global leader in broadband satellite solutions and services, today announced the availability of its JUPITER ™ high-throughput technology to the global market, beginning with two new Ka-band satellite routers ― the HN9600 and HN9800.
These advanced Ka-band routers incorporate the same JUPITER technology that is the cornerstone for HughesNet ® Gen4 high-speed satellite Internet service in the U.S. With over 659,000 subscribers (YE2012), HughesNet is the world's largest consumer satellite service, offering a choice of affordable plans and speeds up to 15 Mbps. The first two international service providers to offer the new routers are Avanti Communications on its Hylas 1 and 2 satellites over Europe, Africa and the Middle East; and Yahsat, on its Yahclick service in the Middle East, Africa and SW Asia.
"JUPITER high-throughput technology has exceeded expectations in powering growth of our new HughesNet Gen4 service launched last October — bringing faster speeds, greater capacity and a richer network experience to our North American customers," said Pradman Kaul, president of Hughes. "But Hughes is the global leader in Ka-band satellite communications, and so these new routers represent just the first steps in seeding JUPITER technology worldwide."Featuring a compact, integrated external radio unit with a single IFL cable for easy and rapid installation, both the HN9600 and HN9800 support the most bandwidth-demanding services offered on the latest generation of Ka-band satellites. The new routers are fully compliant with the industry-leading IPoS/DVB-S2 standard for optimized delivery of broadband services over satellite channels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV