Recognized for innovative programs that help create opportunities for New Canadians
TORONTO, March 13, 2013 /CNW/ - CIBC (TSX: CM) (NYSE: CM) - CIBC has been named for the sixth consecutive year, as one of the best places in the country for new Canadians to work.
"From a talent and client perspective, New Canadians play an important role in the future of our country, and our workforce needs to continue to mirror the diversity we see within our communities," said John Silverthorn, Senior Vice President, Talent Management, CIBC. "CIBC is proud to play a role in helping newcomers to Canada establish a strong new start."
CIBC was selected for the award by Mediacorp Canada Inc, the editors of Canada's Top 100 Employers. The award recognizes companies that offer innovative programs that assist individuals with making the transition to a new workplace and a new life in Canada.CIBC is proud to offer initiatives and programs to attract new Canadians including:
- A broad range of information on cibc.com to help new Canadians find employment at CIBC or within the financial services industry in Canada.
- The launch of a new International Professionals Network, a program which focuses on workplace integration initiatives to support our new Canadian employees with integrating into CIBC's workplace culture.
- Mentoring and internship programs provided to skilled immigrants through various community partners, such as the Toronto Region Immigrant Employment Council's Mentoring Partnership program; ACCES Employment's unique speed mentoring program, where mentors from across the bank meet one-on-one with new Canadians looking for employment opportunities; and Career Bridge, which provides career-track internships to help skilled newcomers gain valuable work experience leading to employment.
- CIBC also helps to remove barriers to employment for newcomers by partnering with World Education Services (WES), a not-for-profit credential evaluation service. WES works to integrate internationally trained professionals by determining the Canadian equivalency of their credentials.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV