PHOENIX, March 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Honeywell (NYSE: HON) executive Bob Smith, vice president and chief technology officer of Honeywell Aerospace, testified before the Subcommittee on Science, Space and Technology of the U.S. House of Representatives on the U.S., corporate and philanthropic needs and benefits around science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) initiatives.
Click here to view the written testimony.
Alongside leading public and nonprofit institutions, Honeywell has made a difference in STEM education through its award-winning and extensive corporate citizen initiative, Honeywell Hometown Solutions (HHS).Honeywell promotes STEM at all educational levels and across the world through four main programs: FMA Live!, the Honeywell Educators @ Space Academy program, the Honeywell Leadership Challenge Academy and the Honeywell Initiative for Science and Engineering.
- FMA Live! is an award-winning hip-hop science education program designed to inspire middle school students to pursue studies in STEM.
- In conjunction with the U.S. Space & Rocket Center, Honeywell developed the Educators @ Space Academy program for middle school math and science teachers. The Leadership Challenge Academy, also created in partnership with the U.S. Space & Rocket Center, is designed to encourage high school students of Honeywell employees to pursue math and science throughout their secondary education.
- The Honeywell Initiative for Science and Engineering gives students direct access to Honeywell's top technologists and engineers as well as some Nobel Prize winners.
- Bob Smith, Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, Honeywell Aerospace
- Read the written testimony
- About Honeywell Hometown Solutions
- Read more about Honeywell Aerospace
- Follow @Honeywell_Aero on Twitter
- Subscribe to Honeywell's Corporate RSS feed
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV