Quiz Results Reveal Dismal Car Insurance Knowledge
Pop quiz: What will comprehensive car insurance coverage pay for? If you're not sure, you're not alone. A lot of people know very little about auto insurance, based on Insurance.com's car insurance test results.
We asked 500 drivers 10 multiple-choice questions about the basics of car insurance coverage. The average score was 32 percent.
Our findings indicate that many drivers have no idea what they're buying when purchasing auto insurance.
- Women scored 35 percent on the test, while men answered an average of 27 percent of the questions correctly.
- Drivers in the South scored 34 percent, the West scored 32 percent, the Midwest 31 percent and the Northeast 29 percent.
- Experience helps. Those age 40 to 70 and older got 39 percent of the answers right, while those age 18 to 29 could answer 24 percent of the questions correctly.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts