MAHWAH, N.J., March 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Stryker announced today the launch of the ICONIX™ all suture anchor platform with IntelliBraid technology. The foundation of the ICONIX dates back to all suture fixation technology first used in clinical cases in 1998. After acquiring the base technology from Laurane Medical in 2011, the Stryker team applied design expertise to further develop the ICONIX platform, placing it in a league of its own.
"The ICONIX all suture platform offers our customers an implant with a minimal footprint, exceptional biomechanical performance, and varied angles of approach to give the surgeon more flexibility when placing implants across multiple indications," says Matt Moreau, Vice President and General Manager of Stryker's Joint Preservation business. "Our acquisition of the first ever all suture platform and expertise in flexible technology also allowed us to optimize the anchor construct, flexible instrumentation, anchor deployment, and suture manipulation."
"ICONIX is an ideal anchor for those hard to access spots such as the lesser tuberosity for subscap repair or the medial cuff footprint for double row partial cuff repair," says Dr. David W. Altchek, Co-Chief of Sports Medicine and Shoulder Service at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City.
The ICONIX all suture anchor fixation platform features:
- Anchors designed for minimal bone removal during pilot hole creation
- Unique IntelliBraid technology which creates a bunching effect using targeted compression zones within the implant sheath for optimal fixation
- Single, double, and triple loaded options indicated for a variety of procedures including rotator cuff, instability, and hip labral repair
- Anatomically designed curved and straight instrumentation options enabling easier access and more precise anchor placement
- Drills with a unique Self Centering (SC) Technology, enabling accurate pilot hole placement
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV