Chris Lau, Kapitall Samsung is reportedly releasing the Galaxy S IV on March 14 (or pi day). The specifications (as reported from EVLeaks) are as follows: [Related tech lists: 3 Winners and a Loser as HP Adopts Android]
· 5” 1080p OLED display
· 13MP camera
· 2GB RAMThe companies speculated to be suppliers for the Galaxy IV are very likely. Universal Display (PANL) is already reportedly confirmed to be the display provider for the S IV.. Recall that Samsung sold 40 million Galaxy III devices. Samsung sells 190,000 S III devices daily, and sold 100 million Galaxy S smartphones in total.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.Business Section: Investing Ideas The companies who could (or are, in some cases) supply parts for the Galaxy S 4 include: 1-Year Comparative Return ( Access a performance overview for all stocks in the list) 1. QUALCOMM Incorporated ( QCOM): Qualcomm’s main competitive pressures come from the 4G baseband market. If 4G-only smartphones grow, Qualcomm’s advantage in supplying multi-modes would be reduced. NVIDIA (NVDA) is trying to compete with Qualcomm’s Snapdragon through its Tegra 4 release. Engages in the development, design, manufacture, and marketing of digital wireless telecommunications products and services. Market cap at $115.18B, most recent closing price at $67.04. 2. Universal Display Corp. ( PANL): Universal Display makes OLED host emitter material. The S IV will use the company’s material, since power efficiency improves by 25% using OLED. The large 5-inch screen will benefit Universal Display, but the company is trying to enter the OLED television market. Until this happens, investors should expect upside to be limited. Universal Display is up 55% from a low reached in November 2012, closing recently at $33.42.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts