That's a big deal because it not only reflects the abrupt end of North America's Crackberry addiction, but it shows, if only anecdotally, that Canadians, somewhere along the line, broke the ties that once bind them to the artist formerly known as RIM.
And now, at least according to comScore, the numbers bear out my anecdote.
The number of Canadian smartphone subscribers increased by 17% in 2012.
Thirty-seven percent of Canadian smartphone subs watch TV and/or video on their device; up 21 percentage points year-over-year.
Canadians spend more than 41 hours online on the desktop each month; that's second worldwide. They lead the world in terms of number of pageviews and visits per visitor.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV