That's a big deal because it not only reflects the abrupt end of North America's Crackberry addiction, but it shows, if only anecdotally, that Canadians, somewhere along the line, broke the ties that once bind them to the artist formerly known as RIM.
And now, at least according to comScore, the numbers bear out my anecdote.
The number of Canadian smartphone subscribers increased by 17% in 2012.
Thirty-seven percent of Canadian smartphone subs watch TV and/or video on their device; up 21 percentage points year-over-year.
Canadians spend more than 41 hours online on the desktop each month; that's second worldwide. They lead the world in terms of number of pageviews and visits per visitor.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV