Family Dollar (FDO) ($58.58 vs. $66.48 on Dec. 13) set an all-time high at $74.73 on June 14, 2012. The weekly chart shifts to positive on a close this week above the five-week MMA at $58.49. My annual value level is $49.09 with a weekly pivot at $48.94 and monthly risky level at $59.83.
Ross Stores (ROST) ($55.90 vs. $54.41 on Dec. 13) set an all-time high at $70.82 on Aug. 20, 2012 and strength to $62.07 Feb. 7 was just below the 200-day SMA. The weekly chart is negative with the five-week MMA at $57.63. My annual value level is $51.51 with an annual pivot at $54.55 and monthly, weekly and quarterly risky levels at $59.32, $60.85 and $63.59.
Target (TGT) ($67.11 vs. $60.54 on Dec. 13) set a multi-year high at $67.56 on March 12, 2013. The weekly chart is positive with the five-week MMA at $63.87. My annual value level is $65.45 with a monthly pivot at $66.39 and semiannual risky level at $70.31.
TJX Companies (TJX) ($44.59 vs. on Dec. 13) set an all-time high at $46.67 on Aug. 29, 2012. The weekly chart is overbought but shifts to negative with a close this week below the five-week MMA at $44.67. My semiannual value level is $35.77 with an annual pivot at $45.75 and weekly, semiannual and quarterly risky levels at $46.01, $48.10 and $49.78.Wal-Mart Stores (WMT) ($73.60 vs. $68.94 on Dec. 13) set an all time high at $77.60 on Oct. 16, 2012. The weekly chart profile is positive with the five-week MMA at $71.44. My quarterly value level is $70.08 with a weekly pivot at $73.07 and monthly risky level at $74.19.
At the time of publication the author had no position in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @suttmeier This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV