Rackspace® Hosting (NYSE: RAX), the open cloud company, today announced it has received global security certifications and compliance verifications for Service Organization Controls SOC 2 Type II and SOC 3, in addition to complying with the ISO 27001 standard. These credentials demonstrate Rackspace’s commitment to delivering a secure, open cloud experience for customers.
Rackspace has a dedicated focus on ensuring that its IT infrastructure meets the most stringent security requirements by staying closely aligned with the latest industry standards and best practices. The most recent list of Rackspace’s security certifications and compliance verifications include:
- SOC 2 Report – the report pertains to security, availability, privacy, confidentiality and integrity processes. These reports benefit customers by helping them better understand Rackspace’s internal controls related to these areas.
- SOC 3 Report – These reports are designed to meet the needs of users who want assurance on the controls at a service organization related to security, availability, processing integrity, confidentiality, or privacy but do not have the credentials or access to view the SOC 2 Report.
- ISO 27001 certification – Rackspace has received this certification in all U.S., U.K. and Hong Kong data centers. Through these internationally recognized, provable security standards, Rackspace can demonstrate how it mitigates information security related risks for customers.
The ISO 27001 certification covers a broad range of security controls within Rackspace data centers, from the physical environment in which customer solutions are hosted, accessed and monitored, to the logical system-based controls employed to manage access. With this certification, Rackspace has shown a systematic approach to managing critical, confidential, and sensitive corporate information to meet modern standards for information security and to instil confidence in customers.
“At Rackspace, we want to provide peace of mind to customers. We know we are an integral part of keeping mission critical workloads secure and running well. Achieving industry standards and certifications is part of how we fanatically serve our customers,” said John Lionato, Rackspace Chief Security Officer.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts