H&R Block (NYSE: HRB) shares as of market close today will be eligible for a dividend of 20 cents per share. At a price of $27.54 as of 9:35 a.m. ET, the dividend yield is 2.9%. The average volume for H&R Block has been 4.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. H&R Block has a market cap of $7.4 billion and is part of the diversified services industry. Shares are up 49.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys dividend stocks that have the potential for a 3% to 4% yield and 10% growth. Get his best picks for less than $50/year. H&R Block, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the provision of tax preparation and related services to the general public in the United States, Canada, and Australia. The company has a P/E ratio of 23.57. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate H&R Block a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates H&R Block as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, generally higher debt management risk and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share. You can view the full H&R Block Ratings Report now.
- See our top-yielding stocks list.
- See our dividend calendar.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV