Organizations can now manage the increasing volumes of data and growing requirements for regulatory compliance without breaking the bank
WATERLOO, ON, March 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - OpenText™ (NASDAQ: OTEX, TSX: OTC), a global leader in Enterprise Information Management (EIM), today announced broad availability of OpenText Archive, which enables comprehensive archiving of enterprise information in a single, scalable repository, making it easier to manage and less costly to operate.
The volume of enterprise information inside today's organizations is growing at an alarming rate. The exponential growth of data - from email, business applications, documents, rich media assets, social content, and files of every type - are presenting a major challenge for enterprises that need to keep business information over the long term.
While many competitive products currently available on the market offer solutions for archiving critical content, only OpenText Archive offers the ability to archive all types of information within a single solution."Our customers are facing enormous challenges within their organizations as they are forced to manage a growing mountain of data while complying with ever-changing global regulations and working with shrinking budgets," said Muhi Majzoub, OpenText senior vice president, engineering. "As part of our overall EIM strategy, OpenText Archive provides these customers with a single archiving backbone for all types of enterprise information." OpenText Archive is integrated today to virtually all OpenText products including Content Server, Email Management, File System Archiving, SAP Archiving, Application Governance and Archiving for SharePoint, Web Experience Management, Media Management, Tempo Box, Tempo Social, Customer Communication Management, MBPM, Case 360, RightFax, and eDOCS. In addition, OpenText Archive provides the ability to integrate any other application via Web Services and published APIs. Deployments of OpenText Archive also deliver long-term storage savings up to 50%, compared to existing customer archiving environments. These savings are delivered by a combination of rationalization of storage infrastructure, smarter storage decisions, and the decommissioning of legacy systems.
- Keeping the same document only once through single-instance archiving (SIA) can reduce required storage space significantly.
- In order to save storage space, content can be compressed before writing to the storage system. Compression can be activated for each individual archive or content type.
- OpenText Archive is an enterprise-wide repository for long-term retention across multiple storage devices that are cost appropriate for the level of access required. Common storage optimization policies for a tiered approach to storing archived content supports the best storage mechanisms, including optical media, hard disk, magnetic tape, and cloud storage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV