NEW YORK, March 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The winners of the $3,700 Verizon Visual 411 sweepstakes have been selected from a slate of 133,000 entries. The sweepstakes ran from Nov. 27, 2012, to Jan. 21, and each state had at least one entry.
Jean M. Smith, a retired homemaker from Lewis, N.Y. was the $2,500 grand-prize winner.
Four first-place prizes of a $250 gift card were awarded and eight second-prize winners each received a $25 gift card. Winners came from Sacramento and Bakersfield, Calif.; Chicago; Rock Hill, S.C.; and Boynton Beach, Fla., among other cities.
About Visual 411Verizon Visual 411 is a new, multichannel, integrated approach to providing free directory services. It can be accessed via a laptop, tablet or desktop computer; through a smart phone app on either the Apple or Android platform; or by a widget on a consumer's FiOS TV service. With one click, consumers can look up business addresses and phone numbers; find coupons featuring special offers; and get maps and directions, weather forecasts, traffic reports and more, eliminating the need to visit multiple sites to accomplish these tasks. Visual 411 also empowers consumers to share this information via email, SMS, Twitter, Facebook and Google Plus. Businesses also benefit from the additional exposure. "Consumers are on the move and are always looking for relevant information to help them with their borderless lifestyles," said Marty Caproni, Verizon's director of product marketing and technology. "We believe Verizon Visual 411 plays a part in simplifying this lifestyle – and, based on usage, consumers seem to agree." In a June study on integrated directory services, Frost & Sullivan noted: "Verizon has set a new standard for integrated directory services. Stratecast - Frost & Sullivan believes that other directory publishers will need to emulate what Verizon (VZ) is doing in order to stay relevant in the market."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV