Oracle is likely to continue buying companies in the future, as Davis noted the company is projected to generate nearly $14 billion in operating cash flow this year. In the past, Oracle has bought a number of smaller companies in a particular space, not going after the leader. It's managed to effectively use this strategy by putting its strong sales force to work, selling assets that maybe aren't at the top of the sector.
With Ellison, 69, showing no signs of slowing down, Oracle seems poised to continue its ways of slow but steady growth.
-- Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York
>Contact by Email.Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV