BALTIMORE, March 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Legg Mason, Inc. (NYSE: LM) and affiliate Permal have today completed the acquisition of Fauchier Partners, a leading European based manager of funds of hedge funds, from BNP Paribas Investment Partners. Fauchier Partners had estimated assets under management of $5.4 billion as of February 28, 2013.
About Legg Mason
Legg Mason is a global asset management firm with $661 billion in assets under management as of February 28, 2013. The Company provides active asset management in many major investment centers throughout the world. Legg Mason is headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland, and its common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: LM).
For more information visit: www.leggmason.comAbout Permal Permal is a leading global alternative asset manager, offering investment solutions through established funds and customized portfolios. Established in 1973, the Group has four decades of experience in manager selection, asset allocation and risk management. For more information visit: www.permal.com SOURCE Legg Mason, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV