NASHVILLE , Tenn., March 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Meritor (NYSE: MTOR) announced today that its FUELite Tandem Axle and Meritor WABCO Electronically Controlled Air Suspension (ECAS) have been recognized as a top technical achievement by the Truck Writers of North America (TWNA).
TWNA recognized these products for weight savings, increased fuel efficiency and improved traction control for rear-axle applications with the Technical Achievement Award at the annual Technology and Maintenance Council (TMC) meeting in Nashville, Tenn.
"The selection committee was impressed with Meritor FUELite's ability to save significant weight from a Class 8 tractor," said James Menzies, Truck News and Truck West executive editor. "When coupled with Meritor WABCO ECAS, the 6x2 spec becomes viable for many North American truck buyers who could benefit from the weight savings of a 6x2, yet don't have to worry about potential loss of traction."
Meritor's FUELite is the first product in its SoloDrive Axle Series that features 6x2 tandem rear axles. Based on the proven Meritor 160 series drive axle, the FUELite tandem axle is best suited for line-haul applications to maximize weight savings and increase fuel efficiency.The Meritor FUELite tandem axle delivers nearly 400 pounds in weight savings and approximately a 2 percent increase in fuel efficiency when compared to a traditional 6x4 configuration. Features and benefits of the Meritor FUELite tandem axle include:
- Meritor's 160 DualTrac™ housing, which allows the option of running wide-based single tires or duals for enhanced efficiency and improved residual value.
- A 2.50 to 4.10 ratio range available to match the appropriate application.
- A 12.7-millimeter wall housing that is compatible with all current 40,000-pound tandem air suspensions.
- All SoloDrive Series axles, which utilize the same rear-tag axle for simplified maintenance and designed to function optimally with Meritor brakes and options.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts