For small businesses, hiring that first employee is like starting a job out of college or expecting a baby – a mix of anticipation and anxiety around the unknown.
To celebrate and support small businesses achieving this milestone, Intuit Inc. (Nasdaq: INTU) and LinkedIn (NYSE: LNKD) are hosting a new ‘Hire Smart Small Business Event’ to help small businesses make the right decisions when hiring workers.
Hire Smart is a free event being held at Intuit’s Mountain View, Calif. campus on Saturday, April 27, offering guest speakers, expert advisors and free resources to assist new and growing businesses. The day will feature talks by Intuit president and CEO Brad Smith as well as LinkedIn CEO and Intuit Board Member Jeff Weiner. It will also be packed with star power from author and “Apprentice” winner Bill Rancic as well as award-winning author of “Hire Your First Employee,” USA Today columnist and small business owner Rhonda Abrams.
In addition to the stellar lineup, Intuit and LinkedIn are making it easy for small businesses to get started hiring right away by offering the tools they need at a discounted price. Anyone that registers will receive three months of Intuit Online Payroll for free as well as a LinkedIn ‘First Hire’ package of premium Talent Finder sourcing access and discounted job listings, a total value of more than $400. Products that simplify the business of life and other giveaways will also be part of the celebration.“Small businesses are integral to our economy, employing more than 19 million people across the country,” said Smith. “We know that hiring that first worker is a defining moment for a small business owner. By opening our doors and providing them with the right tools and know-how, we can help them grow their business and play a part in improving employment across America.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV