Orlando Magic players, Magic Dancers and Orlando Magic staff will join UnitedHealthcare employees today to pack Hi-Five Kids Packs for the Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida.
The athletes and employees are working together to fight hunger and help the food bank provide 13,500 Hi-Five Packs to hungry children in the tri-county area.
The Hi-Five Kids Packs Program provides nutritious meals to underserved children who do not have access to school cafeterias during the weekend. Each Pack contains kid-friendly food such as cereal, fresh milk and juice, fruit cups and more. The Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida partners with 23 public elementary schools in the tri-county area to distribute the Hi-Five Kids Packs to children who participate in the schools’ free and reduced-cost lunch programs.
“We are grateful for the opportunity to partner with the Orlando Magic and Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida to make a difference in the lives of underserved children in the tri-county area, and ensure they have access to fresh, nutritious food,” said T. David Lewis, CEO, UnitedHealthcare of Florida, Central North Florida Division.There is a direct correlation between obesity and hunger due to the limited availability of healthy food options. Households with limited resources often try to stretch their food budgets by purchasing inexpensive, energy-dense foods that are filling. According to the University of South Florida, nearly one in three children in Florida are either overweight or obese. “We know how important a simple, healthy meal can be for any child and the direct impact that can have on their education and future,” said Alex Martins, CEO, Orlando Magic. “We are proud to work together as a staff and with our partner UnitedHealthcare to provide youth in our area with healthy food and assist in the fight against hunger in our community.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV