AMSTERDAM, March 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- CropWorld Global 2013 ( October 29-30 th 2013; Amsterdam RAI) launches 'planting the seeds of innovation' campaign.
- Extensive research shows that innovation in 'crop sciences', 'supply chain', 'R&D' and 'water and irrigation' is essential to addressing a sustainable future
CropWorld Global 2013, the annual agricultural industry event run by UBM Live, will focus exclusively on helping the industry to innovate - through its 'planting the seeds of innovation' campaign. The new approach better reflects macroeconomic factors and follows the commissioning of extensive research and the results of recommendations taken from the leaders of the world's largest crop producers and influential bodies - including Bayer Crop Sciences, DuPont Crop Protection, Unilever, Lindsay Irrigation and the Food and Environment Research Agency.
The independently commissioned research indicated that leading companies in the crop production market are refocusing business objectives towards innovation in crop science, water management and the supply chain so that globally the industry can address the challenges of sustainable food supply both now and in the future.
Currently, some 35 countries require external assistance with feeding their populations, and over the next 10-years food is forecast to become 30% more expensive, with the worldwide demand requiring production to rise 50% by 2030 - yet despite this, 30% of food produced globally is wasted and in order for the industry to make more food available on the population's plates, an evolution in techniques is required.Collectively, population growth, coupled with concerns around climate change and a shrinking land mass available for arable production means that most of the required increases in food production will have to come through innovative ways to increase crop yield and intensification. In response, this year's two-day event (including exhibition and forum) is gathering thousands of executives from over 75 countries to come together and discuss how companies can look to utilise new approaches to achieve the industry's most pressing goals, including: 'decreasing the yield gap', 'increasing supply', 'developing sustainable crops', 'reducing water and waste issues', and implementing a 'responsible supply chain'.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV