SAN JOSE, Calif., March 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Oclaro, Inc. (NASDAQ: OCLR), a tier-one provider and innovator of optical communications and laser solutions, today announced a new Add/Drop Routing Platform that includes a wide range of functions that customers can choose from to design next-generation multi-degree, colorless, directionless, contentionless, and flexible-grid (CDC-Flex) ROADM networks. The new Oclaro platform, which features key technologies such as switching, arrayed amplification, as well as advanced control and monitoring, can be offered as either a line-card, a managed subsystem or a super module. This platform is highly customizable yet yields industry-leading space and cost efficiency while also enabling customers to include or trade-off specific functionalities to meet their performance and time-to-market requirements when designing next generation ROADM network solutions for carrying 100 Gbps+ channels.
This new platform offers improved density and cost efficiencies for a wide range of configurations while meeting the performance requirements of next generation networks. Typical add/drop solutions are targeted at 4- or 8-degree CDC-Flex node architectures with each unit, whether it is a line-card, a managed subsystem, or a super-module, supporting up to 16 transponders per card. Form factors including single-slot are achieved through a high degree of integration and controller consolidation, which also lowers cost. Such density is a highly desirable feature for next generation multi-terabit network solutions.
"The flexibility of the Add/Drop Routing Platform enables customers to specify customized subsystems that can meet their cost, density and time-to-market requirements while giving them the freedom to create truly differentiated network solutions," said Per Hansen, Vice President of Product Marketing, Optical Networks Solutions, Oclaro, Inc. "Leveraging Oclaro's recognized strengths in vertical integration combined with a broad set of optical networking components and subsystems, this new platform essentially assembles leading-edge functionalities into a highly-integrated and compact platform solution.""Our new Add-Drop Routing Platform demonstrates the powerful set of resources and products that Oclaro has available to its customers to meet their rapidly changing needs," added Richard Smart, General Manager of the Oclaro Optical Network Solutions Business Unit. "The market for next generation ROADM network solutions carrying 100 Gbps+ channels is extremely competitive and the equipment providers that can respond the fastest with the right solutions will win the key deployments from the network operators." About the Oclaro New Add/Drop Routing PlatformThe new Add/Drop Routing Platform encompasses a wide range of features and functions that customers need to future-proof next generation networks. Key platform components include:
- Highly-integrated cost- and space-efficient amplified multi-cast switches with variable optical attenuation (VOA) functionality for colorless, directionless, contentionless and flexible-spectrum add/drop routing in multi-degree ROADM architectures.
- Advanced arrayed optical amplifier implementations leveraging Oclaro's industry leading 980nm pump portfolio that now also includes Oclaro's uncooled dual-chip pumps. These pumps offer valuable power reduction and enable cost-effective high-density solutions.
- Multi-port flexible-grid optical channel monitor (OCM) that rapidly measures channel powers and frequencies of 8 DWDM input ports with the accuracy needed for flexible-grid network solutions. The OCM offers enhanced flexibility and incorporates advanced features such as port or channel dwelling and prioritization for signal analysis.
- Embedded control features to provide fast transient management and advanced signal processing capabilities to support the network intelligence required by next generation network solutions while also meeting customer's stringent space and power constraints. This platform builds on field-proven control architectures enabling rapid and reliable development of highly integrated add/drop routing solutions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV