ROCHESTER, N.Y. and DEERFIELD, Ill., March 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Bausch + Lomb, the global eye health company, and Walgreens (NYSE: WAG) (Nasdaq: WAG), the largest U.S. drugstore chain, announced today a new SightSense ™ online and in-store patient education program – an initiative to heighten eye health awareness and encourage consumers to take proactive steps to protect and preserve their sight.
"Bausch + Lomb is excited to work with Walgreens to put eye health information within easy reach of consumers, which we hope will motivate more people to take better care of their eyes," said Bausch + Lomb executive vice president and chief medical officer, Calvin Roberts, M.D. "We know that more than 80 percent of visual impairment is preventable, which makes it that much more important to elevate eye health awareness among consumers. Through the SightSense program we have an opportunity to do just that, and ultimately help people preserve and protect their most treasured sense, as well as improve their overall health."
The SightSense program features a special eye health section on Walgreens.com that provides tools, information and resources to help consumers become informed and proactive in their eye health, including a PSA-like video that illustrates the connection between eye health and overall wellness, as well as an eye health assessment test to screen for common problems. The website also provides an eye care professional locator for consumers to find an eye doctor near them, as well as a list of upcoming in-store events.
- SightSense in-store events will be held in approximately 10 cities across the country in 2013, including Chicago, Los Angeles, and Miami. The events will feature educational forums led by eye health professionals as well as eye screenings for common problems. Additionally, informative brochures on eye health will be available at all Walgreens stores nationwide beginning in July 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV