DaVita Clinical Research ® (DCR ®), a specialty contract research organization with services spanning the full spectrum of drug and device development, presented research results at the 33rd Annual Dialysis Conference (ADC) in Seattle, March 9-12, 2013.
This international conference has become an influential annual meeting in the dialysis and nephrology communities. The 2012 meeting attracted over 1,800 participants from more than 40 countries.
Researchers from DaVita ®, the dialysis division of DaVita Healthcare Partners Inc., and DCR presented results from a number of innovative clinical improvement programs originating from DaVita and its research partners. DCR provides a collaborative bridge between DaVita’s health care community and the academic, pharmaceutical and biotech research community. DCR and DaVita share a dedication to improving the health and quality of life for kidney care patients.
“Our goal at DaVita is to try to improve our patients’ quality of life. Research is a critical vehicle to achieve that end,” said Mahesh Krishnan, M.D., M.P.H., M.B.A., F.A.S.N., vice president of clinical research. “The work presented at ADC is intended to lead to better clinical outcomes and better quality of life for chronic kidney disease and end-stage renal disease patients around the world.”ADC featured the following oral presentations by John Moran, M.D., F.A.C.P., vice president of medical affairs at DaVita:
- Urgent-Start Peritoneal Dialysis: A Clinical Process Improvement Report – Monday, March 11. Slide Forum IV, Clinical Studies & Experiences Part B.
- Implementation of Alcayis Protocol Markedly Improves Peritonitis Rates – Monday, March 11. Slide Forum IV, Clinical Studies & Experiences Part B.
- Decreasing Peritonitis Rate in PD Resulting in Lower Mortality and Technique Failure – Monday, March 11. Slide Forum I, Quality Improvement.
- Association of Pruritis and Quality of Life (QOL) Among Patients at a Large Dialysis Provider (Bond TC, Mutell R, Wilfehrt HM, and Krishnan M.) – Sunday, March 10. Poster Forum I, Quality Improvement.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV