CHICAGO, NEW YORK and BOCA RATON, Fla., March 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CBOE Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: CBOE) and S&P Dow Jones Indices announced today that they have finalized an amendment to their license agreement that extends Chicago Board Options Exchange's (CBOE) exclusive rights to list security options contracts based on certain indices calculated and published by S&P Dow Jones Indices through 2032, and non-exclusive rights through 2033.
- CBOE has exclusive rights to use the S&P 500 and the S&P 100® to create exchange-traded standardized options on those indexes and on other derivative indexes. Currently, CBOE lists options on indexes related to the S&P 500, and lists benchmark and strategy indexes such as the CBOE S&P 500 BuyWrite Index, CBOE S&P 500 PutWrite Index and CBOE S&P 500 SKEW Index.
- CBOE grants S&P Dow Jones Indices the exclusive rights -- and shares revenues with S&P Dow Jones Indices -- to license third parties to use CBOE's indexes, proprietary index methodologies, related marks and data, such as in connection with structured products based on the CBOE Volatility Index® (the VIX Index).
- CBOE pays S&P Dow Jones Indices royalties on S&P 500 options and on CBOE Volatility Index options and futures, based on contracts traded.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV