- CBOE has exclusive rights to use the S&P 500 and the S&P 100® to create exchange-traded standardized options on those indexes and on other derivative indexes. Currently, CBOE lists options on indexes related to the S&P 500, and lists benchmark and strategy indexes such as the CBOE S&P 500 BuyWrite Index, CBOE S&P 500 PutWrite Index and CBOE S&P 500 SKEW Index.
- CBOE grants S&P Dow Jones Indices the exclusive rights -- and shares revenues with S&P Dow Jones Indices -- to license third parties to use CBOE's indexes, proprietary index methodologies, related marks and data, such as in connection with structured products based on the CBOE Volatility Index® (the VIX Index).
- CBOE pays S&P Dow Jones Indices royalties on S&P 500 options and on CBOE Volatility Index options and futures, based on contracts traded.
CBOE Holdings And S&P Dow Jones Indices Extend Licensing Agreement Through 2033
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.