CB&I (NYSE: CBI) announced today that it has been awarded a contract by SK gas, South Korea’s largest importer and distributor of liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), for the license and engineering design of a grassroots propane dehydrogenation (PDH) unit to be built in Ulsan, Korea. Startup is expected in 2016.
The unit will use the CATOFIN® dehydrogenation process from Lummus Technology to produce 600,000 metric tonnes per year of propylene. “We are pleased to be able to provide this cost-effective and reliable route to on-purpose propylene to meet SK gas’ plans to expand their product portfolio,” said Daniel McCarthy, president of CB&I’s Technology operating group. “This PDH unit will be the largest in Korea.”
Propylene is a building block used to produce a variety of products including plastics and solvents.
About CB&ICB&I (NYSE:CBI) is the most complete energy infrastructure focused company in the world and a major provider of government services. Drawing upon more than a century of experience and the expertise of approximately 50,000 employees, CB&I provides reliable solutions while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality. For more information, visit www.cbi.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV