Genesee & Wyoming Inc. (G&W) (NYSE: GWR) today reported traffic volumes for February 2013.
Beginning in January 2013, G&W is reporting consolidated traffic volumes including carloads from RailAmerica Inc. (RA) railroads that were previously reported separately. To provide comparative context for 2013 consolidated traffic volumes, G&W is providing supplemental 2012 carload information on a pro forma basis as though the RA railroads were owned by G&W on January 1, 2012. In addition, G&W has amended RA’s 2012 carload information to conform with G&W’s reporting methodology.
G&W’s traffic in February 2013 was 140,200 carloads, an increase of 67,955 carloads, or 94.1%, compared to G&W’s traffic in February 2012, and an increase of 747 carloads, or 0.5%, compared to total February 2012 carloads pro forma for the RA acquisition. G&W’s traffic in the first quarter of 2013 through February was 296,227 carloads, an increase of 151,095 carloads, or 104.1%, compared to G&W’s traffic in the first quarter of 2012 through February, and an increase of 14,189 carloads, or 5.0%, compared to total first quarter of 2012 through February carloads pro forma for the RA acquisition.
The tables below set forth consolidated summary carload information for February 2013 and February 2012:
|Coal & Coke||23,815||9,672||12,397||22,069||146.2%||7.9%|
|Minerals & Stone||15,839||9,716||5,767||15,483||63.0%||2.3%|
|Chemicals & Plastics||12,568||5,555||7,037||12,592||126.2%||-0.2%|
|Pulp & Paper||12,459||8,205||4,367||12,572||51.8%||-0.9%|
|Lumber & Forest Products||10,231||5,111||4,467||9,578||100.2%||6.8%|
|Food or Kindred Products||4,238||807||3,939||4,746||425.2%||-10.7%|
|Autos & Auto Parts||2,861||792||1,743||2,535||261.2%||12.9%|
|Carloads from New Railroads (3)||2,759|
|(1) Total carloads from G&W and RA|
|(2) Pro forma as though GWI had acquired RailAmerica on January 1, 2012|
(3) Total carloads from rail operations commenced or acquired by G&W and RA in the last 12 months, including Wellsboro & Corning Railroad, Marquette Rail LLC and Columbus & Chattahoochee Railroad, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV