Sensata Technologies Holding N.V. Stock Upgraded (ST)
- SENSATA TECHNOLOGIES HLDG NV reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, SENSATA TECHNOLOGIES HLDG NV increased its bottom line by earning $0.97 versus $0.02 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.10 versus $0.97).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Electrical Equipment industry. The net income increased by 191.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $24.38 million to $70.94 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Electrical Equipment industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, SENSATA TECHNOLOGIES HLDG NV has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $112.66 million or 34.89% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, SENSATA TECHNOLOGIES HLDG NV's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 46.41%.
- 36.30% is the gross profit margin for SENSATA TECHNOLOGIES HLDG NV which we consider to be strong. Regardless of ST's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, ST's net profit margin of 15.92% compares favorably to the industry average.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts