Law Offices Of Todd M. Garber Announces Investigation Of Newport Bancorp Inc.
The Law Offices of Todd M. Garber announces that it is investigating potential claims against the Board of Directors of Newport Bancorp Inc. (“Newport Bancorp” or the “Company”) (NASDAQ: NFSB) related to the proposed acquisition of the Company by SI Financial Group, Inc (“SIFI”). The transaction is valued at approximately $61.3 million, and shareholders may elect to receive either $17.55 in cash or 1.5129 shares of SIFI for each share of Newport Bancorp stock owned.
This investigation concerns whether the Board of Directors of Newport Bancorp breached their fiduciary duties to stockholders by failing to adequately shop the Company before agreeing to enter into the proposed transaction, and whether the Company has disclosed all material information to shareholders about the transaction. The Company has seen substantial recent growth. Its share price has skyrocketed from $12.90 on March 15, 2012 to $16.75 on January 2, 2013.
If you are a shareholder of Newport Bancorp, if you have information or would like to learn more about our investigation, or if you wish to discuss these matters or have any questions concerning this announcement or your rights or interests with respect to these matters, please contact Todd M. Garber, Esquire, of the Law Offices of Todd M. Garber, by telephone at 213-700-7262 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This press release may be considered Attorney Advertising in some jurisdictions under the applicable law and ethical rules.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV