Add this situation to Cook capitulating to shareholder demands, David Einhorn controlling the conversation around these demands, MappleGate and other assorted examples of softness and ineptitude and there's no doubt that If Steve Jobs Were Alive He Would Fire Tim Cook.
It's one thing to focus on the long term and not manage to the stock price; it's entirely another to sacrifice the stock price thanks in part to changes you have no business or sensible reason to make. Steve Jobs was unorthodox. Clearly though surprisingly, Tim Cook cannot quite grasp why he was so effective.
The method to Jobs' madness was the key to Apple's success.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV