WOODSIDE, Calif., March 12, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- GSV Capital Corp., ("GSV" or the "Company") (Nasdaq:GSVC), today reported financial results for the fourth quarter and fiscal year ended December 31, 2012.
"By investing in what we believe to be transformative businesses with substantial growth potential, our emphasis is on long-term value creation and the potential for sizable returns," said Michael Moe, GSV's founder and Chief Executive Officer. "At year-end 2012, our portfolio consisted of 47 primarily venture capital-backed emerging companies and translated into a net asset value of $252.6 million, or $13.07 per share. We believe clear opportunity exists as several of our portfolio companies approach eventual exit and others continue to innovate and advance their business strategies. Indicative of the types of investments we select, based on our internal estimates, we believe that a number of our top ten portfolio companies achieved revenue growth of over 100% in 2012. In 2013, we look forward to bolstering our portfolio with the new and emerging leaders shaping the growth economy."
Portfolio as of December 31, 2012At December 31, 2012, the Company had positions in 47 portfolio companies at a fair value of $225.4 million. Additionally, the Company had cash and short-term investments of $27.3 million. Out of GSV's 47 portfolio companies, the top 10 investments represented 59.3% of net asset value, and the top three investments represented 28.4% of net asset value. Net assets totaled $252.6 million or $13.07 per common share at December 31, 2012.
|$ in millions||Fair Value||% of Net Asset Value|
|Twitter, Inc.||$ 36.1||14.3%|
|Palantir Technologies, Inc.||21.1||8.3|
|Violin Memory, Inc.||14.8||5.8|
|Avenues World Holdings LLC||10.0||4.0|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV