- Net sales decreased 6.4% to $176.9 million from $189.1 million; at comparable foreign currency exchange rates, net sales declined 7.7%;
- European-based operations generated sales of $152.4 million, down 10.1% from $169.6 million;
- Sales by U.S.-based operations were $24.5 million, up 25.9% from $19.5 million;
- Gross margin was 63.0% of net sales compared to 61.1%;
- S, G & A expense as a percentage of sales was 54.6% compared to 55.9%;
- Gain on termination of the Burberry license was $198.8 million and as a result, operating margin was 119.4% of net sales; after taxes using a 36.1% tax rate and after allocation to the noncontrolling interest (26.77%), the gain attributable to Inter Parfums, Inc. common shareholders aggregated $93.0 million. As a result, net income attributable to Inter Parfums, Inc. was $99.6 million and diluted earnings per share were $3.24.
Inter Parfums, Inc. Reports 2012 Fourth Quarter And Record Year-End Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.