JACKSONVILLE, Fla., March 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Lender Processing Services, Inc. (NYSE: LPS), a leading provider of integrated technology and services to the mortgage and real estate industries, today announced the appointment of John Snow, Ph.D., former Secretary of the Treasury, to its board of directors.
"We are fortunate to have John as a member of the board," said Lee A. Kennedy, chairman of the LPS board. "John's experience in managing large regulated public companies and his expertise in the areas of regulation, public policy and risk management will enhance the board and the value we bring to the organization and its shareholders."
Dr. Snow has been president of JWS Associates, LLC, a consulting firm, since October 2006. As the Secretary of the Treasury from February 2003 to June 2006, Dr. Snow served as the head of President Bush's economic policy team and principal spokesman on economic policy. Prior to his appointment as Secretary of the Treasury, Dr. Snow served as the chairman, president and chief executive officer of CSX Corporation, which operates the largest rail network in the eastern United States and provides intermodal transportation, domestic container shipping and international marine terminal services. Dr. Snow has also previously served in several senior roles at the U.S. Department of Transportation and has served as chairman of the Business Roundtable, a group of chief executive officers of major U.S. corporations formed to promote pro-business public policy. In addition to serving as non-executive chairman of Cerberus Capital Management LP, Dr. Snow also serves on the boards of directors of International Consolidated Airlines Group and Marathon Petroleum Corporation.Dr. Snow has been appointed to serve on the Risk and Compliance Committee of LPS' board of directors.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV