You may have heard the billions of dollars pulled from the stock market following 2008 are finding their way back. Investors may be more cautious this time around but they realize bonds and real estate aren’t offering the same rewards relative to risk that stocks can. A rapidly improving economy fueled by promising housing and auto numbers and low interest rates is only helping spur the return. But where do investors trust their money? Hodges is sure the answer is in dividend yielding blue-chips.
Hodges Portfolio Manager Gary Bradshaw spoke with Kapitall to discuss what he believes are the most interesting and promising stocks in the Hodges Equity Income Fund (HDPEX) portfolio.
With a stock picking focus on dividend income and long-term capital appreciation, the 4-star rated fund has done well. As of 3/12/13, Hodges Equity Income Fund is up 10.9% over 1-year. Of the 1,300+ funds in the US Large Value category, HDPEX currently ranks #46 YTD and #36 over 1 Month, and #15 over 3 years (annualized returns). “We eat our own cooking, and it’s been good cooking,” says Bradshaw, referring to Hodges fund managers who all invest in the fund along with their clients. “We’re bullish on the market this year and we think investors will be rewarded.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV