Advanced Business Intelligence Within Changepoint Offers Critical Insight for Companies With Growing, Global Services Organizations
DETROIT, March 12, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Compuware Corporation (Nasdaq:CPWR) today announced it has partnered with IBM to deliver IBM Business Analytics within Compuware's market-leading PSA/PPM solution, Changepoint. Through Changepoint, businesses with growing, global services and IT organizations will now have access to advanced business analytics for smarter decision-making.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=17551 The technology services sector, a key market for Compuware Changepoint, has experienced significant growth over the last number of years, and according to a research report by Global Industry Analysts Inc., (GIA), 1 this sector -- driven by cloud technology and software-as-a-service adoption -- is expected to reach a value of $1.2 trillion by 2015. As companies in this sector grow and mature, they are actively seeking to sharpen business insight, align metrics with key business objectives, and improve execution on strategy.Every day, we create 2.5 quintillion bytes of data -- so much that 90% of the data in the world today has been created in the last two years alone. 2 Because of the exponential increase of corporate big data, Compuware Changepoint selected IBM's Business Analytics solution to help its customers:
- Manage growing amounts of data. The ability to sort and manage vast quantities of data and access this information on various devices including tablets is a business necessity for executives. Changepoint and IBM Business Analytics provide robust portal, dash-boarding and visual analytic access in a real-time environment to provide increased visibility.
- Translate data into knowledge. Not only do executives need to manage and access more and more data, they need to be able to quickly interpret this data to drive real-time business decisions. The key metrics for managing a services business are revenue and margin. Traditionally, executives have had difficulty in obtaining real-time financial information from their services business. As an example, organizations with no resource visibility are not optimizing allocation. Real-time access into resource skills and availability translates to increased resource utilization. A one percent increase in utilization for a 100-person organization can contribute an additional $312,000 to the bottom line. 3 IBM Business Analytics provides better visibility and drill-through capabilities into data, which impacts the overall health and performance of a business.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV