1. As of noon trading, Morgan Stanley ( MS) is down $0.39 (-1.7%) to $22.71 on light volume Thus far, 6.6 million shares of Morgan Stanley exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 21.5 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $22.62-$23.11 after having opened the day at $23.05 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $23.10. Morgan Stanley, a financial holding company, provides various financial products and services to corporations, governments, financial institutions, and individuals worldwide. Morgan Stanley has a market cap of $45.2 billion and is part of the financial services industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 1151.5, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 20.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Morgan Stanley a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Morgan Stanley as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, increase in net income and growth in earnings per share. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow. Get the full Morgan Stanley Ratings Report now. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the financial sector could consider Financial Select Sector SPDR ( XLF) while those bearish on the financial sector could consider Proshares Short Financials ( SEF). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts