McGraw-Hill Education Announces Peter Cohen As President Of PreK-12 And Assessment Divisions
NEW YORK, March 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- McGraw-Hill Education today announced that Peter Cohen, most recently CEO of Pearson School, will be president of McGraw-Hill School Education Group, a division of the company that serves both the PreK-12 and assessment markets. Mr. Cohen will replace McGraw-Hill School Education President Dan Caton, who recently announced his retirement after 43 years in the education industry.
Mr. Cohen has been at Pearson since 2008, serving as chief executive officer of Pearson School, the company's PreK-12 division. Mr. Cohen's 17 years of experience in the education industry also includes positions as the top executive of Educate, Inc. and Sylvan Learning. He has also held senior positions at The Pet Practice, Nutrisystem, Inc. and Circle K. Mr. Cohen is a graduate of the University of Redlands.
" Dan Caton has been an invaluable leader not just for McGraw-Hill Education, but for the entire education industry. His expertise will be greatly missed, but he leaves us with an exceptional management team," said Buzz Waterhouse, president and chief executive officer of McGraw-Hill Education. "As we move forward, Peter Cohen is the right person to lead our mission to drive student achievement. Increasingly, there are opportunities for collaboration between our PreK-12 and assessment businesses, and Peter will work closely with Ellen Haley, president of CTB/McGraw-Hill, to grow these two businesses."
"While this is a challenging time for PreK-12 education in this country, I am confident that McGraw-Hill Education is strongly positioned to capitalize on opportunities for digital, personalized solutions that are aligned with the Common Core and state standards," added Mr. Cohen.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV