BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- How's your real estate portfolio been faring?
The last few years have been a stellar time to own real estate investment trusts, better known as REITs. But this may just be the beginning of good times for REIT investors.
While the S&P 500 has staged impressive performance in the last year, rallying more than 13.5% in the trailing 12 months, REITs have managed to even overshadow those gains; as a group, REITs have climbed a full 21.9% in that last year. From a relative strength standpoint, that's a very auspicious sign for the rest of 2013.Better yet, with traditionally high dividend payouts, REITs offer an extra shot in the arm for investment returns. That helps this class of stocks avoid more downside than the real estate market in general. As you might expect, most REITs have been climbing higher of late. But some are looking more bullish than others -- we're taking a closer technical look at five of them today. >>5 Dividend Champs to Buy for 2013 For the unfamiliar, technical analysis is a way for investors to quantify qualitative factors, such as investor psychology, based on a stock's price action and trends. Once the domain of cloistered trading teams on Wall Street, technicals can help top traders make consistently profitable trades and can aid fundamental investors in better planning their stock execution. So, without further ado, let's take a look at five technical setups worth trading now. >>5 Stocks Ready to Break Out
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV