CRAiLAR denim developments available immediately to global markets
VICTORIA & PORTLAND, March 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - CRAiLAR Technologies Inc. (CRAiLAR) (TSXV: CL) (OTCBB: CRLRF), which produces and markets a natural fiber made from flax and other bast fibers, has entered into a marketing and development agreement with CONE DENIM, America's largest and most innovative working denim mill, to begin this month. The agreement calls for CONE DENIM to market and develop the use of CRAiLAR Flax in its denim fabric line, which is sold to a broad range of the best global brands in fashion, work wear and casual lifestyle categories. The agreement is through December 2015.
The agreement includes the following:
- CONE DENIM will immediately launch CRAiLAR Flax denim developments in its CONE® 3D offering to its existing clients.
- CRAiLAR and CONE DENIM will jointly introduce CRAiLAR Flax denim developments to CRAiLAR's current partner brands.
- CRAiLAR and CONE DENIM will jointly create and manage marketing materials, sales meetings, trade shows, press launches, trade and consumer marketing activities.
"We are honored to name CONE DENIM our preferred and exclusive partner for the development, marketing and manufacture of denim fabrics. This is a significant move for CRAiLAR because it puts our industry leading fiber in the hands of one of the most innovative and prolific mills in the world, in one of the largest and sexiest categories in the apparel industry," said Ken Barker, CEO of CRAiLAR. "Given Cone's expertise and history in this sector, we believe it represents the perfect partnership to create, innovate and execute new and vintage looks in denim which will move markets and further promote sustainable practices and developments in the apparel industry. Cone's global manufacturing presence additionally enhances our ability to service customers around the world.""For over a century Cone Denim® authentic denims have combined a rich heritage with innovative styling, performance, and sustainability," said Kara Nicholas, vice president of product development and marketing for CONE DENIM. "The introduction of our new CRAiLAR denim designs complements our existing Sustainblue™ fabric collection and furthers our commitment to provide responsible product solutions to customers that speak to the emerging globally conscience consumer." CONE DENIM is headquartered in Greensboro, N.C., where its flagship White Oak® mill has the unique ability to innovate and style with distinct creativity, precision and control. Its operations there consist of the most modern equipment and technology alongside vintage looms from mid-century denim making. CONE DENIM has manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Asia and Mexico, giving global access to global brand supply chains. CONE DENIM operates as part of International Textile Group, Inc. (ITG). This agreement does not supersede any current CRAiLAR contracts with partner brands
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV