Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced it will demonstrate test and measurement solutions for high-speed communication at the Optical Fiber Communication Conference and Exposition (OFC) and National Fiber Optic Engineers Conference (NFOEC), March 19-21, at the Anaheim Convention Center ( Booth 2719) in Anaheim, Calif.
The new era of data-center infrastructure, enabling cloud computing, big data storage and analytics, is driving the development of new standards for higher data rates. This involves long-haul transmission lines through serial I/O interfaces in end-user devices. 100G and higher is the next speed class required in data centers and metro or long-haul communication lines.
Moving more data at rates of 100 Gb/s and higher across the cloud promises efficiency gains for operators in cost per bit transmitted. They will use technologies such as complex modulation, silicon photonics and integrated optics to achieve those data rates as they build out their networks. But these technologies also create challenges for designers who need to validate their high-speed optical and electrical components and systems.
“Achieving the goal of 100G and higher speeds requires flexible instruments that meet customer needs today and tomorrow,” said Juergen Beck, vice president and general manager of Agilent’s Digital Photonic Test Division. “Agilent is the only electronic test and measurement company that offers test solutions along the entire value chain of the cloud, addressing the latest technologies such as silicon photonics and coherent transmission.”Agilent will introduce the following new products:
- Multi-Wavelength Meter with a significantly enhanced reference gas laser that offers slower degradation, extends the meter’s operating life, requires less maintenance, and reduces cost of ownership in the most accurate class of wavelength meters.
- Optical power meters that provide the industry’s highest sensitivity, along with low noise and solid stability, to accurately measure and monitor weak signals and small signal changes.
- Four-tap de-emphasis pattern generator options for the 32-Gb/s Serial BERT for easier transceiver, backplane and IC testing.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts