Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced it will demonstrate test and measurement solutions for high-speed communication at the Optical Fiber Communication Conference and Exposition (OFC) and National Fiber Optic Engineers Conference (NFOEC), March 19-21, at the Anaheim Convention Center ( Booth 2719) in Anaheim, Calif.
The new era of data-center infrastructure, enabling cloud computing, big data storage and analytics, is driving the development of new standards for higher data rates. This involves long-haul transmission lines through serial I/O interfaces in end-user devices. 100G and higher is the next speed class required in data centers and metro or long-haul communication lines.
Moving more data at rates of 100 Gb/s and higher across the cloud promises efficiency gains for operators in cost per bit transmitted. They will use technologies such as complex modulation, silicon photonics and integrated optics to achieve those data rates as they build out their networks. But these technologies also create challenges for designers who need to validate their high-speed optical and electrical components and systems.
“Achieving the goal of 100G and higher speeds requires flexible instruments that meet customer needs today and tomorrow,” said Juergen Beck, vice president and general manager of Agilent’s Digital Photonic Test Division. “Agilent is the only electronic test and measurement company that offers test solutions along the entire value chain of the cloud, addressing the latest technologies such as silicon photonics and coherent transmission.”Agilent will introduce the following new products:
- Multi-Wavelength Meter with a significantly enhanced reference gas laser that offers slower degradation, extends the meter’s operating life, requires less maintenance, and reduces cost of ownership in the most accurate class of wavelength meters.
- Optical power meters that provide the industry’s highest sensitivity, along with low noise and solid stability, to accurately measure and monitor weak signals and small signal changes.
- Four-tap de-emphasis pattern generator options for the 32-Gb/s Serial BERT for easier transceiver, backplane and IC testing.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV